Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Soulwinning

It is understood that I nor anyone else can save a soul from Hell. Although Paul said,
1Co 9:22 "To the weak I became weak, in order to win the weak. I have become all things to all people, so that I may by all means save some." We know that Paul didn't mean that he saved anyone, but that others would be saved as a result of his witness.

It's the same thing with soulwinning. We don't really win anyone to Christ, we simply lead them to Christ. However, soulwinning is a good term (terminology?). It suggests that we are working to win people over to a saving knowledge of our Lord. Soulwinning also suggests a necessary action that is required in order for folks to come to Christ. James clearly advised us that "He that winneth souls is wise." So there you have it, soulwinning is scriptural, and therefore we ought to be doing it!

This morning I had to take my car in to the auto center for repair. My shuttle driver and I got into conversation. I asked him was he going to church regularly? He said, no, I have never gone anywhere. I said, if you died right now do you know where you would spend eternity? He said, no, I don't know. I said, have you ever asked Jesus Christ to forgive you of your sins and come into your life? No, he said, never! I asked him, would you like to do that right now? He said, yes, I would like to try. I said, no need to try; just have faith and ask God to forgive you. Would you sincerely ask him from your heart right now? Yes, he said, I would! We prayed and with a tear in his eye, he said, I really feel much better!

Before I left him I promised I would get him a Bible (He has never owned one). I gave him some literature and told him I wanted to get back together with him. He said, that would be good. Praise God for a soul saved this morning!

No comments: