Monday, September 3, 2007

Ministering to Muslims

More than likely you have met or seen a Muslim. If they don't live in your neighborhood or city yet, they will. If you frequent your neighborhood Wal-Mart you probably passed them in the isles.

More and more towns in the USA have Mosques. There is one in my city, Arlington, Texas. Their presence is escalating and we need to know more about them and how to evangelize them.

Muslims evangelize others! They are very aggressive and not ambarrassed to go door to door anywhere. Two men in their native dress came down my street earlier this year inviting people to their Mosque and sharing the Koran with anyone that would listen. It made me wonder why many missionary Baptist have decided that door knocking doesn't work. Muslims, Mormons, J.W.'s continue to grow. I wonder why? Could it be that they are door knocking and we are not?

Ministering to Muslims requires the breaking of barriers. We will need to reach out to them personally and build relationships with them in order to share the love of God with them. Have you made a Muslim friend?

Let me hear from you if you have been able to reach a Muslim person.

David

6 comments:

chester said...

I recently heard or read in one of the church information bulletins that I get that Muslims are one of the segmants of society that re responding to the gospel of Jesus, some 30,000 in the US last year trusted Jesus as Savior. I believe it was the CHIC tract monthly bulletin. Maybe God might know something we don't, if they some of them have the honest chance to be exposed to the truth, and then weigh it against the lies they have been told, they will see, and believe. God give all the spiritual manhood to stand and simply do the job.
Sean

Anonymous said...

One of the reasons that Muslims are so successful is because they are not Christian. Our media has made our country a hostile environment for Christians to share our faith. The USA is like Israel desiring a king other than God, except they want a god other than God. The wicked have led a revolt against the truth and are reveling in their freedom. Remember, you don't lead a man to repentance if you are a Moron, J.W. or Muslim. You just convert the lost person to a lost Moron, J.W. or Muslim.

Anonymous said...

I haven't reached any Muslims yet, but God is calling me to go to Libya to plant churches. I am not sure about all the details at this time, but I hope to be there within two years.

Penny Bowhay said...

In my secular job here in the Los Angeles area, I have many opportunities to speak to Muslims and, I do so daily. So far, none have come to faith but, I have certainly planted the seeds. They have actually been more receptive to hearing that Jesus shed His blood to save their souls than many others I've witnessed to.

I agree with anonymous that the reason so many Muslims have been successful in their proselytizing is because they are offering a kind of "prosperity gospel" or, an admission into their special popularity club which is quite a bit more attractive than being told they're destined for an eternity in hell.

If you ever have an opportunity to listen to Dr. Ergun Caner speak, please take the time to listen. He is a converted Muslim who will thrill you with his story. You might want to check out his website at: http://www.erguncaner.com

chester said...

I have family that are devout Muslims we have had talks about Jesus and I have tried to share the gospel as I am permitted. It is tough to watch people you love dearly be so blind.

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.