Thursday, September 20, 2007

What Happens When Muslims Believe in Christ

I've recently been reading a book by Bro Andrew (author of: God's Smuggler) called Secret Believers. It is excellent. It's about true life stories of Muslims turning to Christ. Very inspiring and motivating. It definitely makes a good case for reaching out to Muslim people.

I would love to hear from those who are reaching Muslims. Is there anyone who is reading this blog out there witnessing to them? Do you have any neighbors that are Muslim? This is their Ramadan season. They fast all month long from daylight to dark (after dark and before dawn they will eat). This is a good time to ask them about their fasting and what it all means in order to open up a conversation. You can tell them about Isa, (Jesus), and they will listen. Just try it.

After you have read the book, give it to a Muslim. The book calls us "to join a new kind of jihad, leaving vengeance behind in favor of forgiveness, radical love, and unyielding prayer. "

David

1 comment:

Penny Bowhay said...

As I earlier said in my post on September 3rd, yes, I am sharing Christ with the Muslims that I work with in my secular job. None have come to saving faith but, the seeds have certainly been planted.

I well remember the Ramadan season when I lived in Tripoli, Libya. The time from after dark and before dawn was actually very frightening. As Americans living there, we were strongly warned to not go out in the evenings when they were celebrating Ramadan because it was very dangerous!

I have a friend, Joel Richardson, who writes an interesting Blog about Islam. You can read it here: http://www.joels-trumpet.com/

And, again I also recommend
Ergun and Emir Caner who came out of the Muslim faith to become Baptists. They have written several interesting books as well which can be purchased on amazon.com.

Another good blog is Dhimmi Watch which can be read here: http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/

And yet, another great book I very much recommend is "The Challenge of Islam to Christians" by David Pawson. It's essential reading, and very well developed. It doesn't just talk about Islam, but what the church can do to positively respond.

Blessings,
Gene