Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fruit Producers

John 15:16 "...I appointed you that you should go out and produce fruit and that your fruit should remain,..." (HCSB)

The fruit of a disciple is another disciple. You can't get around it. Those are Jesus' own words. Then Jesus said, "My Father is glorified by this: that you produce much fruit and prove to be My disciples". John 15:8. (HSCB) Producing fruit glorifies the Father and proves that we are disciples of the Lord Jesus.

In the past I have heard the teaching on the "Fruit of the Spirit" emphasized over the fruit of a disciple. This kind of emphasis has overshadowed the very thing that glorifies the Father. I believe that each believer ought to exhibit the fruit of the spirit but not at the expense of producing fruit as a disciple. One fruit is of the disciple, the other fruit is of the Spirit. Which one specifically glorifies the Father?

Let's be fruit producers. Disciples reproducing disciples.

David

No comments: