Friday, June 6, 2008

12 new works since July 07

To date there are 12 new works in the ABA since June of 07. That averages out to one new work (mission/church) every month. That also computes to less than one percent of all of our churches since at least 3 churches closed their doors this last associational year. (I believe there were several more but haven't been able to get very good information.)

Considering this woeful status of our work should cause us great consternation. Yet, I hear very little said about the few works started. I hear more about churches without pastors than the need for more churches. Maybe that's the connection; not enough pastors to go around, therefore no new churches/missions.

I just find it very hard to believe that there is not more vision for church planting than what is apparent. Surely this can be dealt with in some manner. Is anyone praying for more churches to be planted?!

David

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If church planting vision exists really one church will be there up north of Japan someday.

Because my mother agreed to constribute a 1000 m2 land to one church.

It is miracle that I can work with my mother.She was no faith.

And what happedned?

She confessed Jesus died for her sin yesterday.

I hope this new church planting job will be blessed by God.

Bro. Matt said...

I think maybe we are having to rebuild some of our churches before we can even begin to be successful in church planting.

Anonymous said...

mule don't run like horses and their more stubborn too!