Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Servant Evangelism

Servant Evangelism is a relatively new concept for me. I've not really had servanthood modeled for me. It's something that I kind of looked at with doubt. Not sure if I wanted to get that low and humbled.

But Jesus did it.

Am I not to be like Him?

I am going to learn about 'servant evangelism' and practice it for myself. It might be the most effective way to reach the lost that we have ever considered.

My son, Jonathon, used this approach in City Reach efforts and it has been very successful in connecting with the lost.

You can visit www.servantevangelism.com to learn a little more or get Steve Sjogren's book "Conspiracy of Kindness".

David

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro. David, I like the concept. I will definately get the book and read it. sounds like it compares with " in as much as you have done it to one of these least of my brethren you have done it to me" Marlin freeman

Penny Bowhay said...

I've been practicing this for about 4 years and, while it has never caused anyone to come to church (which I hoped it might), it has been awesome for giving me the opportunity to share a Word from Scripture with 100s of people.

May God bless all your efforts in a mighty way.

Blessings in Christ,
Gene