Tuesday, July 29, 2008

For the Reord

For the Record, it is important to remind those who are reading these blogs and making their comments regarding my doctrinal soundness, that for the past 40 years we have ascribed to the doctrinal statement of the ABA. My church, Greater Heights Baptist Fellowship, and XSTREAM Global Missions ascribes to the same doctrinal statement.

Therefore, the problem that some have with these blogs is one of 'practice' and not 'doctrine'. The vast majority of us believe strongly and agree wholly with our doctrinal statement but have issues with the way in which some 'practice'.

Therefore, any further unnecessary comments about this blogger being unscriptural or that he ought to leave the ABA will not be posted simply because they are false and presumptive statements that are willfully designed to malign another person's character and not done in the spirit of Christian love.

David

1 comment:

Leland Acker said...

I just want to take a moment and say that in no way did I mean to attack you, your ideals, vision or doctrine, or even ideas. While I did misunderstand your intent about starting a new fellowship (I thought you were referring to starting an association within the ABA, not splitting from the ABA), my only intent was to gain a better understanding of what the fellowship would do, and how it would remedy the problem.

I've met you and talked with you several times, respect you as a brother-in-Christ, and wish nothing but the best for you in your ministry. God bless you.