Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Can Churches Comeback?

Yes, churches can comeback from the decline that many are experiencing.

Many have told me, I wish we could see our church growing again. Pastors tell me, I wish I knew what to do that would change the direction our church is headed for. Excuses are often used to justify the current decline like: "it's the last times", "the love of many is getting cold", "there is a great falling away taking place". However, it seems strange to me that if those excuses held any water they would be true everywhere. But it is not true everywhere. In fact, if it is true at all, it is true only to those whose environment suggests that it is true. The truth is that wherever churches are actively engaged in outreach and evangelism they are experiencing growth and development!

Becoming a comeback church requires a new commitment to evangelism. If churches are declining and dying it is because they have ceased in "reproduction". Therefore, begin reproducing churches, believers, and disciples. It is the solution to becoming a comeback church.

Those churches that are coming back are going back to evangelism and discipleship.

You can learn more about being a comeback church from "Comeback Churches" by Ed Stetzer.

David

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David,
Is there anyway I can use the film for a multi-media presentation in our church?

Steve Wood