Friday, July 27, 2007

Northwest Church Planting

Having traveled about the Northwest for the last couple of weeks it becomes very obvious that there are not as many churches as in the Southern states. However, there are churches in the Northwest just not a whole lot of Baptists.

With the very high number of unchurched people in our country (80+%) there is certainly a need everywhere. But I couldn't help but notice how beautiful this part of the country is. The mountains, the trees, the rivers and streams, the wildlife! It is absolutely breathtaking. And in many places the winters are not really very difficult to handle.

It is the people that are most in need of being reached! Many in the Northwest do not have a knowledge of God's free pardon of sin through Jesus. The Northwest is a goldmine for church planters if they will only catch the vision.

David P Smith

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another place in the U.S. that is in need to NT churches is Utah. This state is growing in population fast. About 1000/month in St. George where I am at. These people need to hear the truth, but there are very few people willing to come out and do battle with the Mormons. It is a battle.

John said...

Hey Bro. we really enjoyed having you and wife with us here in Seattle. It is true about the "Great" Northwest, the fields are "already white unto harvest" but the "laborers are few"! Thanks for getting the word out!

Bro. John
Seattle, WA

Penny Bowhay said...

Regarding the laborers: Here am I, send me!

I am very interested in church planting in Vancouver or the Northwest US, either one. Everything I've read about the demographics in that area agrees with what has already been said about the fields being white unto harvest, most definitely.

I am going to ask my church to make this a matter of prayer and will keep in communication with you.

Gene Bowhay
Chatsworth, CA

Anonymous said...

I am more and more of the mind set that if our work is going to survive it is going to be from new churches. My wife and I are praying about this. I was willing to go be a church planter not long ago but a team never was able to be formed. I believe it just wasn't the Lord's timing. I still have a burden, if the Lord wants me to, to plant a church that serves the community and shares the gospel with them. Discipling them in an orderly fashion that takes them to being an active member of a church. Pray for us as we pray.